Keto diet or ketogenic diet is basically a low carb or a very low carb diet in which ketones are produced in Liver to produce energy. During Keto diet when the carbs intake is very low your body will come in the state of ketosis. Keto diet is the breakdown of high fat, moderate protein and Low carbs in your meals.
Keto diet must consist of 75% of healthy fats, 25% protein and 10% carbs. If you are looking for weight loss, controlling cholesterol, Control blood sugar level, More energy, once you should give it a try.
Benefits Of Keto/Ketogenic Diet
- As ketogenic diet is a Low carb and high-fat diet because of which body produces Ketones in the liver due to which body changes its primary source of energy from carbs to fats and uses the stored fat of body as a fuel which will help in the more fat loss and weight loss.
- During the ketogenic diet, the level of insulin is low, which is responsible for the production of growth hormone in the body.
- A ketogenic diet is also an efficient way to prevent diabetes as compared to other diets.
- The ketogenic diet can heal the acne problems caused due to processed food.
- Ketogenic diet does not cause the sudden increase in blood sugar level which helps in increasing mental focus and concentration level.
Cons Of Ketogenic Diet
As Keto diet has many pros but on starting of Keto diet you will face some of the symptoms of Keto Flu.
- Stomach Pain
- Soreness in Muscles
- Difficult to asleep
- cravings for sweets
To avoid these keto flu symptoms
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated because due to sudden stoppage of carbs your body will stop holding water.
- Increase Salt intake.
- During Ketogenic diet body experiences lots of changes so it’s important to get at least seven hours of sleep in the night to adopt changes.
- Get enough calories from healthy fats because on depleting carbs and sugar your body will use fat as a fuel.
Supplement During Keto Diet
During ketosis, your body requires certain supplements to fulfill its nutrients. Some of the supplements are
- Whey Protein
- Multivitamin and Minerals
- Fish Oil
An engineer by profession and a gym freak. I have an experience of 4yrs of weightlifting, knowledge of nutrition and provide online training for muscle building and fat loss.
“Exercise is King, Nutrition is Queen, Put them together and You’ve got a KINGDOM”.